Monday, August 2, 2010

More Real Pizza!


Greek Pizza
photo by
Katharine J Moriarty


In the last post, the topic was home-made pizza. Today, I'll offer some more quick ideas for toppings.

My kiddos love American pizza, so I let 'em go for it. I buy a very good quality pizza sauce--there are several at the grocery, including organic. While pizza sauce is very easy to make, usually I don't have time on a weeknight.

They love sausage, so I brown a batch of Italian sausage from Rocky Plains Meats. Topped with fresh mozzarella, this is their favorite pizza hands down.

Another favorite around here is Mexican Pizza. Simply spread your favorite salsa on the pizza dough and sprinkle with shredded quesadilla cheese.

Greek Pizza! Pictured above, this pizza is another favorite of mine. Stir together olive oil, a bit of dried oregano or chopped, fresh oregano if you've got it, and some pressed or minced garlic. Brush the mixture onto an unbaked pizza crust and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Overlap thinly sliced fresh tomatoes on top of the cheese and follow with thinly sliced red onion. Sprinkle with chopped kalamata olives and crumbled, feta cheese. When the pizza comes out of the oven, I like to sprinkle it generously with roughly chopped baby spinach leaves.

Good stuff! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment