Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tapenade to the Rescue!

photo by gPhoto


Boy oh boy do I love tapenade: a wonderful briny mixture of olives, capers, olive oil and other delicious mediterranean ingredients.

It is so versatile and very easy to throw together. Make a batch and keep it in your fridge.

I love tapenade as a spread for crusty bread. You can use it as an appetizer with crackers or veggies (a.k.a. crudité, if you want to be fancy) You can stuff any sort of fillet with it, making an elegant entree. I love to put a dollop of it on hot spaghetti.

For weeknight dinners, it is a delicious ingredient to have on hand. I'll share some of my favorites in the coming days.

For now, here is the recipe. Whip some up and you'll be ready to make dinner fast!

My sister gave me this recipe several years ago.


Tapenade
  • several handfuls of fresh basil
  • 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil
  • zest from one lemon
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 tablespoon capers
  • 12 kalamata olives
  • salt and pepper

Place all ingredients together in a food processor and whirl until blended. Adjust ingredients as you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment