Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pretty Little Brownie Bites, the Lazy-Chef Way



I needed a dessert--and fast!

Since it is February and since I love chocolate and raspberries together, I decided to go with a Valentine's Day theme.

Feeling very lazy, though, I bought a package of brownie bites at the grocery store. Luckily, the raspberries happened to be beautiful, so I grabbed a package. You could use strawberries, if they look better.

I topped each brownie with raspberry frosting, recipe below, and a juicy raspberry. Very festive!

Raspberry-Butter Cream Frosting
(this will frost about 30 brownie bites)

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4-1/2 cup raspberries* plus more for decorating
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pound powdered sugar
1-2 Tablespoons milk, if needed

Place first four ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until raspberries are incorporated. Slowly add powdered sugar, incorporating it as you go. If you don't like puffs of powdered sugar all over your kitchen, use this method:  when ready to add powdered sugar, turn off mixer. Add a bit, cover mixer with a dry dish towel and turn mixer on slow speed, then to medium speed. Then turn off mixer, remove towel and repeat process until all powdered sugar is incorporated. If the frosting seems a little dry, dilute with a little milk.

If you really want to go fancy-pants, pipe frosting onto brownies with a pretty swirl. Since I was lazy (and time-crunched), I used an offset spatula. Decorate each brownie with a raspberry "jewel."


*I wanted the frosting to be a very light pink, so I used 1/4 cup--to make the frosting a dark raspberry color, use 1/2 cup.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish, and so festive for Heart Day! So glad to see your post. :-)

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Morgan! Hope you have a happy v-day!

      Delete